Monday, August 02, 2004

So, Eric, what kept you sane on that 18 hour drive from San Antonio to Columbia, seeing as though you had to follow at huge Penske truck going 65 and being passed by all sorts of vehicles?

Well son, I will tell you.

Here, in no particular order, are the cd's that made up my 12 disc changer on my two day journey.

Day 1 (7/26/04)
The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow
Son Volt - Trace
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Some Mix I Made with The Rapture and Michael Jackson
The Dismemberment Plan - Emergency and I
Fleetwood Mac - S/T
Neil Young - On the Beach
Uncle Tupelo - 89/93: An Anthology
Yeah Yeah Yeah's - Fever to Tell
Outkast - Speakerboxxx
Fleetwood Mac - Rumors
Sun Kil Moon - Ghosts of the Great Highway

Day 2 (7/27/04)
Death Cab for Cutie - Photo Album
The Get Up Kids - Something to Write Home About
Counting Crows - August and Everything After
Secret Machines - Now Here is Nowhere
Brand New - Deja Whatever
Outkast - Love Below
Neil Young - Harvest
Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Love Bad News
Broken Social Scene - You Forgot it in People
Stevie Wonder - Greatest Hits
The Notwist - Neon Golden
Pixies - Surfer Rosa


Well, there isn't really a lot to do here. I pretty much just fish, run, write songs and then commit them to tape before I forget them.
Funny thing...this county is named "Maury County"...you'd think that it was pronounced like "Mauuuary", i.e. Maury Povich...noooooooooooooooooooooooo. They say it "Murry" I am really not used to the accents here yet...but I have found the local bait shop, so I'm trying to get in good with them there. Speaking of that I am now going to go fishing. Adieu.

P.S. I drink waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much coffee these days. After 2 years without caffine, I'm hitting the coffeemaker like a relapsed heroin addict.


No comments: