Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Columbia: Old South Charm, New South Progress...

Um, far be it from me to be an expert on all things, but wasn't the New South thing part of the Civil War? Shouldn't we be beyond this by now? I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I don't think it should be something we should be proud of..."Hey, lookey here, we're on the upswing!" Shouldn't we be past the upswing by now? Am I the only one amazed by this slogan? I think we need a new one, and I will bestow upon my new hometown one I am just about to make up:

Columbia: Where NASCAR is God, and Dale Earndhardt is Jesus.

Ok, something else that is bothering me...I can automatically tell when a car approaching me is driven by a high school age girl. Why? Because they ALL have plastic lei's draped around their rear view mirrors. And it's not like it's just one or two...ALL of them. Is there some sort of symbolism I'm missing here? If you have a lei, does this mean you want to be laid? Should I be activly seeking out this girls for a good time? Of course I'm still not sure if I can hit on the 17 year old girls that surround my apartment...seems sorta wrong.

Tomorrow I will go fishing, since I missed it today due to my dentist visit. Oh, and I found out I don't have dental insurance. Funny thing. But I was still pissed about it.

Love ya!

No comments: