Saturday, May 28, 2005

Now...

I know I'm a music nerd. I go through songs and bands like a fat kid eats cake. But holy crap this new Sufjan Stevens album is going to be freaking amazing. Probably even better than Greetings From Michigan.

"Come on! Feel the Illinoise! -Part I: The World's Columbian Exposition -Part II: Carl Sandburg Visits Me in a Dream" is simply one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard. Long winded title and all, I cannot stop listening to it. I repeated it at least 10 times on the way to and from Decatur, and I listen to it every morning before I go to work. I fear I will probably wear it out, but God, I hope not. It's amazing. Everyone I know should buy this, or I will buy it for you.

Also, today, I am playing soccer with a guy who played for the Trinidad National Team and 2 guys from England who coach the MLS camps here. I am going to get my ass kicked. It'll be great.

-ed
-ed

No comments: