are my lifeblood
List of Random Stuff
- Number of times "Revolution Blues" by Neil Young was playing when I entered a McDonald's parking lot: 2
- Number of times Tara's mother attempted (unsuccesfully) to tell me why Tara chose Belmont: 2
- Number of blind horses that ran into me: 1
- Number of huge metal crosses I encountered: 2
- Worst Driver Award: The woman in the Econoline van who tailed me for 5 miles outside of Paducah, KY when I was going 80mph and no one was around for miles.
- Time I was most likely to die (Tied with Gayest Moment) : Singing along to a Gwen Stefani song in Effingham, Il, pulling into a gas station next to a guy with a Confederate flag in his window (I could have sworn Illinois was part of the Union...)
- Word said the most on my ride back: "idiot"
- Bocce ball means "little balls" ball
Dear United States Government,
Before I take a trip to Decatur, Illinois again, I would like you to fix a few things:
- Please find a better name for "Land Between The Lakes State Park"
- I-24 turns to crap as soon as I hit the KY state line. Please spend some money and make road driveable.
- Please get rid of that huge metal cross in Effingham, Ill that scared me to death when it rose like a monster over the horizon.
- Please make a nationwide declaration that the speed limit is 70, not 65 like KY and Il seem to think it is.
- Please make an law declaring that when you have to slow down, it is not a "speed zone." There is nothing speedy about slowing down from 65 to 45mph.
- And finally, please make the terrain of Illinois more interesting. Adding hills would be nice. And trees. That'd be cool too.
All in all, a great trip. Tired me out like no other, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.