Saturday, July 17, 2004

I don't care what they say, I like the Polyphonic Spree
and other random musings.
 
Anyone else drawing Uncle Tueplo comparisons with Sparta and the Mars Volta?  Sparta is obviously the Son Volt of this pairing, with the Mars Volta on a Wilco-like tear.  Sparta puts out their debut, a strong one at that, that isn't much different that At The Drive In (a la Son Volt, Trace).  Critical acclaim follows.  The Mars Volta puts out an EP, not as widely acclaimed (Wilco, AM).  Then the Mars Volta busts out with their debut, a prog-rock masterpiece that blows everyone else out of the water (Wilco, YFH).  Sparta then releases their next cd which, while good, shows no real growth or deviation from ATDI.(Son Volt, Jay Farrar's every other release).  Interesting...hopefully the Mars Volta won't suffer a Ghost Is Born type relapse.
 
 
I think I'll get a haircut today.
 
All of my friends are dirty sneaks, and I love them for it.

No comments: