Tuesday, July 06, 2004

How I've fooled them all...

So I got offered a full time job at Harcourt today...seems that I forgot to mention that I go to college in Nashville and am getting the hell out of Dodge ASAP. I feel my imminent firing approaching, considering Norma said something to the tune of "Well, we need to find someone else to train to do this." Yet again my "slacking just less than the others" attitude has gotten me a pseudo-promotion...I may be on to something.

Making progress with DJ Dave's record collection...my favorite find so far is the s/t Fleetwood Mac one..."Say That You Love Me" is such a great song. And I don't think there is a better record side than side 2 of London Calling by the Clash...Also, despite Pitchfork's glowing recomendation of David Bowie's Low, I seriously doubt that it's the #1 record of the 70's...it would have to be Led Zep IV or London Calling.

Forgotten Treasures - as I was in the process of trying to organize my cd's in one of my new 200 cd-holding cases, I came across Neon Golden by The Notwist...dunno how I forgot this bad boy, but it's an excellent record.

This summer's EP is shaping up nicely...track list is as follows: Niches, Crutch, Say That You Love Me (Fleetwood Mac Cover...I ditched the Nick Drake idea), and Boylston.
I've done 4 track tape demos for all of them and only the instrumental "Boylston" is on Nuendo right now....quit acting like you know what I'm talking about.

Peace, Love, and I'm getting laid off soon! Yes!

No comments: