Wednesday, July 07, 2004

All The People That Pretended To Like Me Are Gone
(or at least those that ate lunch with me)

It's true. I'm the last one left standing out of my hiring group. I guess I get the longevity award. Victor, Esther, Sarah, Jon, and Stacey, this one's for you.

Victor - I will miss your stories of prostitutes in Guam. Maybe someday you will be able to play your drums and not have your girlfriend yell at you.

Esther - You amazed me with your stories of your drunken exploits. And yes, even though you were .01 above the legal limit, the cop really shouldn't have thrown you in jail.

Sarah - Wal-Mart really is the only store that matters. Hope you finally find a job.

Jon - I will never forget your daily "meetings" with the newspaper in your "office". And all the pot you smoked.

Stacey - I will miss your agreeing with me and Victor that Harcourt is devoid of attractive women and your open oggling of Jugs.

So what's it like to be the longest tenured temp at the office? Pretty crappy...I'm still doing menial work like shoving stuff into envelopes...I wish they'd fire me and end this tension.

Miss my Maddie.

Peace my crackers.

No comments: