Sunday, January 23, 2005

If I was a children's choir director...

So Sara gets to direct the children's choir at church back in SA, and it got me thinking....I really want to direct a children's choir. And it wouldn't be one of those crappy ones that I was in as a kid, where we sang those stupid "unity" songs and the freaking theme to the "Rainbow Connection," you know, the Muppet movie. And we had to wear matching pastel colored shirts. And I had a little kid crush on the girl who stood next to me (since we all sang the same pitch) and she totally ignored me. It was a generally horrible experience now that I think about it. So without further ado, I give you the songs I would have my children's choir sing:

  1. "I Can't Get No (Satisfaction)" - as performed by the Rolling Stones
  2. "Higher Ground" - as performed by Stevie Wonder
  3. "Just What I Needed" - as performed by the Cars
  4. "Debaser" - as performed by the Pixies
  5. "Olsen Olsen" - as performed by Sigur Ros
  6. "Closing Time" - as performed by Semisonic
  7. "The Seed 2.0" - as performed by the Roots
  8. "Revolution Blues" - as performed by Neil Young
  9. "The Stars are Projectors" - as performed by Modest Mouse (this would be the long, challenging piece where everyone would be all like "man, this guy is a genius!")
  10. "I Don't Believe You" - as performed by The Magnetic Fields
  11. "Bille Jean" - as performed by Michael Jackson (this would be the encore).
-ed

No comments: