Monday, September 19, 2005

So...

This might sort of seem dumb and lame to all those hardened music industry people, but today I finally had a childhood dream realized. My name is on the packaging of a professional CD recording. I mastered an album by a band called Eagle*Seagull who are on my friend Bryan's label, Paper Garden Records, and my name is in the credits on the sleeve. I know this doesn't sound all that cool, but ever since I decided that I wanted to pursue engineering, this is something I've looked foward to. I used to read the credits whenever I bought a cd and look at who engineered it, where they did it, and who mastered it and wish I could be there someday. All the rock stars want their names on the cover, all I've ever wanted is to be in the fine print. But yeah, I think it's really cool, and hopefully there are many more to come. So go buy the album and marvel at my name in silver ink.

-ed

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, that's serious. I might buy it just so I can see the fine print. Go disco.

Anonymous said...

yay, i'm so proud of my bffl!

Broo said...

Congrats on the credits!
You have a great blog! :)