Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I went out and stared it down...

I was going to lead off with Iron and Wine lyrics because I saw them last night, but I didn't...

Basically, the show was amazing. They re-interpreted nearly every song they played, with only songs from the new Woman King EP and "Naked as We Came" getting the recorded version treatment. Many times I didn't realize what song was being played until Sam Beam sang the lyrics, but the songs sounded amazing, a testimony to their melodies and lyrics. They are definitely more "rocking" these days, with Beam even playing electric guitar and damn near making the tall guy in front of me bang his head. At an Iron and Wine show. What is this world coming to.

Anyways, this is the best song I've ever had the opportunity to play bass on, so please download it:
UniXcore - The James Bond Jrs.

(I'm sorry if it doesn't work, I've tried everything. If it doesn't, simply type in "http://www.geocities.com/ericdomk/UniXCore.mp3" into your browser, and it should work then)


-ed

No comments: