Monday, April 05, 2004

CD's I Never Gave a Chance That I Am Listening To Now:

I dunno if anyone else does this, but I'll buy a cd and then listen to the first song, deem it sucks, then never listen to it again. I have decided that this is grossly unfair of me and I'm seeking the repay the injustice I have inflicted on these artists who had this misfortune of having crappy opening tracks.

1. Lake Trout - I bought this thing in January. I got pissed that it sounded just like Ok Computer from the get go. Now I'm listening to it right now, and it's not half bad. Not original, but not half bad.
2. The Shins - I know everyone is all crazy over the shins. I'm not. A decent band, but nothing to get excited about. Listened to them a few hours ago, still not totally impressed.
3. The Walkmen - Ok, this was a mistake on my part. I listened to the first Walkman cd, thought it was unremarkable, and forgot about them. Then I heard a lot of hype about their new cd so I bought it but didn't get into it right away. Now I love it. It's awesome. Go buy it.

Time for the NCAA championship, gotta go!

No comments: