Saturday, March 27, 2004

A Look Back in Time, Part II

This installment begins a series of entries in which I take a look back at all the mix cd's I made in high school and ask "What could I have possibly been thinking?"

Disc One - my friend Cody made this thing for me out of mp3's I had since I didn't have a cd burner. My first mix cd ever.

Track 1 - Sublime - "Summertime" - this song just grooves...still passes the coolness test all these years later
Track 2 - Ramones - "Carbona not Glue" - um...they were innovators? I dunno.
Track 3 - Phish - "Lawnboy (Live)" - This song started my interest in Phish. Trey's guitar playing was insane. It totally does not fit in with the rest of the tracks on here...at all.
Track 4 - Me First and the Gimmie Gimmie's - "Science Fiction" - I didn't realize this was a cover song until a few years later. Kinda sucks.
Track 5 - Incubus - "Pardon Me" - Ok, first off, I hate it when this song gets lumped into the rap-rock category. I heard this song on KTSW and I was floored. Too bad they haven't done anything interesting recently. The new cd is horrible, and makes me wish for the days of informed social commentary.
Track 6 - Creed - "My Own Prison" - I am ashamed.
Track 7 - 311 - "Beautiful Disaster" - wow, a veritable rap-rock song. Well, not really. But close enough.
Track 8 - Beastie Boys - "Paul Revere" - I used to be able to rap this whole song. I can get pretty close still.
Track 9 - Ramones - "Carbona not Glue" - makes a repeat appearance. Cody, you tard, learn how to use a cd burner.

And that concludes this installment of "A Look Back in Time." I hope you enjoyed it.

No comments: