Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Ode To Hakamova...

Oh Hakamova, I still remember the day I brought you home from that Wal-Mart in Nashville in that plastic cup. You were the only Beta still available, and it was fate that we were joined to experience college life together. I bought you a small tank, though it is a stretch to call it a tank. More like a cup. But you loved it becasue it had this green plastic tree thing that you could swim around and sparkling white rocks to cover the barren floor. I would show you your reflection in the mirror and you would get really pissed off and look all mean. You were amazing. Then, the honeymoon started to end. I got tired of cleaning your cup. You really should have learned how to clean up after yourself, then perhaps you would still be here. But anyways, you and I co-existed for over a year, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Now you are going to a better home, with someone who might actually remember to feed you and change your water. I'm sure you'll be happier there, but don't forget the times we had. Take care, Hakamova.

Your friend,
Eric Domkowski

No comments: