Thursday, February 10, 2005

I don't know what else to do...

So let's say I have this "fish." Let's also say for anonymities sake that it's name is "Phil." I've had "Phil" for well over a year now. I bought him as a joke, not really expecting "Phil" to make it past the first few months in a college dorm room.

But "Phil" is a fighter. He is quite possibly the heartiest fish in the world. He's survived not being fed for a week, not having his water changed for upwards of 3 weeks, and eating a blob of peanut butter. He still keeps on swimming. If the movie "Brian's Song" was about a fish, "Phil" would be the star.

The problem is, I don't want "Phil" anymore. But I can't bring myself to flush him down the toilet or anything. If he's going to die, I want it to be by natural neglect. He's the most useless part of our room (besides the little S&M doll thing that Kyle's mom inexplicably gave us last year), but I have a soft spot in my heart for him. He's been there through thick and thin, I want him to die with grace. So I really have no clue what to do here but change his water every so often and try to remember to feed him...maybe give him some more peanut butter.

-ed

No comments: