Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Amazing

So, Lanzanator, the rapper that I am managing for the Urban Showcase, actually made the live auditions. I can honestly say I was very surprised by this. Not that he is bad, in fact he's quite funny and calls himself part of the "nerd-core" scene, which basically means he's white and he raps about robots and video games. But Belmont Showcases are usually the home to more polished acts, with originality usually losing out to musicianship and percieved quality (i.e. that terrible band Lorien who made the rock showcase for 2 years. I believe they have only made it due to the fact that their insular christian rock/emo scene is thought to actually be of some artistic worth. Which it is not. It's derivative and weak.)

So for David to even make the auditions is quite amazing. Before I was wary of actually making it into the showcase, but now I'm hoping that it happens, because it would be awesome, and people wouldn't know what to do with it. He would be competing against lame-ass R&B acts, which are slick and polished, and are not urban at all, lol. In fact, neither is David. I doubt anyone in this showcase can claim they are Urban. I wouldn't be surprised if they are all white, too. oh well, c'est la vie.

-ed

No comments: