Friday, December 10, 2004

Best Songs of 2004...

Before I list them off, I would like to say that the vast majority of these songs were released in 2004, but I keep this list open to older songs I might have discovered this year along the way, such as the Cat Stevens song. That said, here's my picks for best songs of 2004, in the order randomized on my iTunes play list:

  1. Sweet Summer Night in Hammer Hill - Jens Lekman
  2. Hoist That Rag - Tom Waits
  3. All These Things That I've Done - The Killers
  4. Paperwings - Damien Juardo
  5. Hardcore Days and Softcore Nights - Aqueduct
  6. Here Comes My Baby - Cat Stevens
  7. Miracle Drug - A.C. Newman
  8. The Art Teacher - Rufus Wainwright
  9. Ocean Breathes Salty - Modest Mouse
  10. Our Mutual Friend - The Divine Comedy
  11. Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) - The Arcade Fire
  12. Evil - Interpol
  13. 10 A.M. Automatic - The Black Keys
  14. He War - Cat Power
  15. In the Devil's Territory - Sufjan Stevens
  16. Even Tho - Joseph Arthur
  17. Passing Afternoon - Iron & Wine
  18. Banquet - Bloc Party

And there you have it...my favorite songs of the year. I'll gladly burn a copy of these for anyone who wants them...the are amazing. I'll follow with the Top 10 Albums of the year soon, promise.

No comments: