Wednesday, October 01, 2003

MY FAITH IN THE ALL MIGHTY DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE HAS BEEN RESTORED!

Don't you just love how all my headlines are in all caps today?

I'll admit it. After I heard "The New Year" off of DCFC's new album, Transatlanticism, I was worried. Very Worried. It was too loud, too...too mainstream. I was dreading that this would be their sell-out album and they'd get snatched up by a major label and turn into the next Train. But no fear! The Barsuk website posted "Title And Registration" on their site, and I just downloaded it. Beautiful. This is classic DCFC. It sounds a lot like "405" which was a stunning song, and with Chris Walla's improved production skills this song is amazing. A harken back to We Have The Facts and We're Voting Yes. Wow. And Ben Gibbard isn't resorting to the inane lyrics! Thank God! Something to make me think! Anyways, yes this is a biased review since they are my favorite band, but screw you, this is an amazing song. Let's hope that the rest of the record is like this.

I think this a record for the most posts in a day.

No comments: