Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Seriously Dad, wtf...

I got this e-mail from my dad this morning:

I am now undefeated as a coach of junior high soccer. I am 1-0. We beat Hickman County yesterday evening 3-1. One great goal, one gift off an opposing defenseman, and a PK because the goalie tripped one of our players going after a ball. The game was in Centerville(aka Grinder's Switch, home of Minnie Pearl one of your alums.) There is a statue of her in the town square.

Wow. You have to wonder who died to make him coach. I volunteered my services as a goalie coach, and told him to make sure the kids keep wide.

If anything, it would be a great Disney movie: Old, grumpy coach with little soccer coaching experience takes group of young rascals and under his wing and molds them into a cohesive unit that wins the championship in shootout against a much better team. It would be called "I have a full tank of gas, and we're headed north. We'll make it there eventually: The Alex Domkowski Story"

-ed

No comments: